[ale] I am so tired of Linux Fanatics

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Jul 8 07:10:05 EDT 2010

On Thu July 8 2010, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> I think a question should be answered in a forum when it's asked, but I
> think that the documentation that fills in the blanks should also be
> referenced.  Just my 2¢.

and it's always nice when you see a -SOLVED in the subject line, especially
with a good HOW-TO or link to the documentation that fixed it..
like last night, I finally got irritated enough with my wifes laptop to go
online and search for an answer as to WHY the freakin thing would keep
rebooting when I tried to put it to sleep.. seems Dell Inspirion w/Vi$ta has
a common problem after installing SP1, and THERE IS A FIX!

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7587_102-0.html?threadID=299915
Open Device Manager (type Device Manager into the start search box) and modify
the properties for the

"Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card".

Leave the device enabled, but open its properties, go to the Power Management
tab, and uncheck the
"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" checkbox. The
reboot problem should disappear.

dunno if that relates to an LINUX distros, as she won't let me install linux
on it!
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800