[ale] I am so tired of Linux Fanatics

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:42:19 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com> wrote:

> On Wed July 7 2010, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > background_image = ~/Images/spiral_galaxy.jpg
> > centered = yes
> > color1 = "#FFFFFF"
> > color2 = "#000000"
> > shading = solid
>
> background image is EASY.. right-click desktop and select CHANGE-DESKTOP
> IMAGE :)
> I have a real nice photo of a Honda Cobra.. speedy version of my VTX1300:)
> when in Windows I used to run Xplanet background, and watch the sun travel
> across the world.. but that was in LiteStep desktop manager..

I can change _my_ background that way. But imagine the process of needing to
programatically change the background of 4k users during a 20 minute break
across 7 campuses

My background for a while was this :-)

http://co2calculator.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/lotus-elise-s-9241.jpg

> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800
> Registered Ubuntu User #12459
> http://usdebtclock.org/

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

 Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
   Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992