[ale] _W_T_F_!!!!

jcpilman at gmail.com jcpilman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 15:20:03 EDT 2010

In what universe does this thread not count as social networking. And how is
this not [OT] ?

On Jul 3, 2010 1:43 PM, "Jim Kinney" <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

I think social networking is a total waste of time. However there are people
in my life that that matter to me and they think it's better than fresh figs
with a dollop of goat cheese all wrapped in prosciutto (YUM!). And since
they are posting pics of their current adventures on that abomination
faceplant, I gave up and signed up an account.

I was asked _before_ I could tweak privacy settings if I wanted to search my
gmail contacts for "friends". I selected "NO" (didn't see a _HELL_NO_
button).

So imagine my shock and horror when faceplant offered to make friends of a
list of people from my gmail contacts anyway.

Most telling was the contact to a bogus account I use for testing that has a
garbage name (like aassddffgg at gmail). I had just done a mail exchange
between that account an my normal account about 2 hours earlier so it was a
"recent" contact. At the time I was signing up on faceplant I did have gmail
open and I was logged in. But I did NOT give faceplant my permission to
scour my contacts.

Zuckerman gets big "YOU SUCK" in my list of people to subpeona for crime
against humanity.

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

 Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can’t be taken on its own merits.
   Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992

See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo