[ale] Preferred domain registrars?

Mark Heiges mheiges at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:56:08 EST 2010

I have 19 business and personal domains registered with
namecheap.com . I've been happily using them for about 4 years. They
were formerly an eNom reseller but got ICANN accredited a couple of
years ago.

Pros: <$10/domain (you can often find coupons with a quick Google
search); no hidden fees or BS sales pitches; no sales spam from them;
useable management control panel; they respond quickly to trouble
tickets, forum posts and chats; if you have a lot of domains and
access to a programmer, NC provides an account management API

Cons: occasional technical glitches - worst case, their nameservers
have twice had hours-long outages (leaving all my domains unreachable
by the world) since I've been with them (there is no requirement to
use their nameservers)