[ale] using uuencode to create a viewable email attachment

Brian W. Neu ale at advancedopen.com
Sun Jan 17 10:39:55 EST 2010

Thanks Geoffrey & James for the help, though I had to come up with an
alternative.  Mac OS X is a great gui, but the command line leaves a lot
to be desired.

I had to install fink, to install mutt, which didn't work until I
created a symlink in /sw/lib of libintl.1.dylib -> libintl.dylib .

Then I was able to
  /sw/bin/mutt -a testfile.txt -s "mutt test" user at email.com < testfile.txt

The version of mail & mailx on this OS 10.5 system didn't allow for "-a"
as an option.