[ale] Clear

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Jan 9 22:24:35 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> Anyone using the Clear USB device in Ubuntu?
>
> Their take 2 plan compares to what I pay with Atlantic Nexus for DSL.  I
> could use a device at home to have 24x7 Internet there and then the USB
> device could work on the netbook.  Is this a bad idea?

AFAIK, there is still no support in the Linux kernel for the Motorola
hardware that Clear distributes.  I think there is still only the
driver for the Intel WiMAX chipset, which you probably have to hunt
around for to acquire, if you can get it off of a motherboard at all.

   -- Mike