[ale] Ale Digest, Vol 24, Issue 18

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 09:10:46 EST 2010

Clearly an off topic post from Jim P ranting about another ALE'er replying
to the digest version. The social fabric of the universe will now falter and
collapse because someone did something that Jim P's email reader displayed
in a way that was too hard for him to follow.

I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that the ALE list has a digest option
available for those people who have a life outside of ALE and want to simply
read it all at once and there is really no way for a digest reader to post
"properly" since they can't find a particular post they are interested in
replying to and then change to non-digest mode and get another copy of the
single post for reply purposes, or the apparent inflexibility of a very
small number of ALE'ers to simply accept the reality that theirs is not
always the best and never the only way to do things.

As this is a Linux list and it has been by extensive experience that the
Linux users are far more intelligent than mainstream computer users I can
only surmise than the disdain from Jim P about having an email suddenly not
automatically threaded for him must be related to simply abject laziness.
Maybe it was a thread he had already muted and wanted to not see any more
[OT] posts. May he's just constipated. I object far more to the personal
attacks on a silent ALE'er for chiming in with actually good information but
in a non-threadable way from a long time ALE'er who usually posts better
than this far more than I object to a digest reply post that was very neatly
trimmed and succinct.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 13:33, Neal Rhodes <neal at mnopltd.com> wrote:
> > If you are going to the effort of replacing the keyset, then you might as
> > well go to a Mul-T-Lock rim cylinder.
>
> If you are going to subscribe to a community email list.... then you
> might as well take the 1:1 (non-digested) option so that your posts
> fit in well with everyone else's.
>
> -Jim P.

James P. Kinney III