[ale] Clear

Mark Wright m.perry.wright at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 22:25:46 EST 2010

I tried it and had to return it.

They do not have Linux drivers and they will be difficult to get as
the chips in the device are proprietary and Clear can't get the
rights to write drivers.  However they do claim that there are plans
to support Linux from the device manufacturer.

That said the service sucked and I couldn't use it on my Mac either.
My opinion is that the frequency they are on is very line of sight.
It doesn't matter if you are very close to a tower if you can't
actually see the tower (trees, houses in the way) you won't get any
signal.  I am very close to there tower north of Woodstock and I
could not use it at home.  On the road I could not get it to work
inside any of the offices I frequent (Alpharetta, Norcross, 600 block
of Pine St) or my car.  If you don't mind staying outside it seemed
OK on my laptop.

Mark Wright
m.perry.wright at gmail.com