[ale] Exporter

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Jan 8 13:13:23 EST 2010

Terry Bailey wrote:
> I have used
>
> require "cgi-lib.pl";
>
> for years in writing simple perl scripts for cgi.
>

> Now, I have the need to use
>

> require Exporter;
>

> Is Exporter a text file like cgi-lib.pl or is it something else?
> Whatever it is, I have been unable to find it.
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry Bailey

The module can be installed via cpan or better yet via your package
manager.  For instance on Centos 5.

[linux at centos5 ~]$ yum search exporter
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
============================= Matched: exporter
=============================
perl-ActionExporter.noarch : Perl module to extend Exporter with
                           : export_action()
perl-Exporter-Cluster.noarch : Perl module for easy multiple module imports
perl-Exporter-Easy.noarch : Takes the drudgery out of Exporting symbols
perl-Exporter-Lite.noarch : Lightweight exporting of variables
perl-Exporter-Tidy.noarch : Another way of exporting symbols
perl-Math-Spline.noarch : Cubic Spline Interpolation of data
perl-Spiffy.noarch : Spiffy Perl Interface Framework For You
perl-Sub-Exporter.noarch : Perl module that implements a sophisticated
                         : exporter for custom-built routines

And Ubuntu

linux at blackie:~/pl$ aptitude search Exporter
p   libexporter-cluster-perl       - Extension for easy multiple module
impor
p   libexporter-lite-perl          - Lightweight subset of Exporter
p   libexporter-tidy-perl          - Another way of exporting symbols
p   libsub-exporter-perl           - A sophisticated exporter for
custom-buil
p   libxml-im-exporter-java        - Java library for handling XML documents

So anything Debian based or RH based should have it available.

Jim.