[ale] OT: password gripe

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Jan 7 09:26:51 EST 2010

krwatson at cc.gatech.edu wrote:
>> -----Original Message----- From: ale-bounces at ale.org
>> [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of Geoffrey Sent: Thursday,
>> December 31, 2009 10:48 To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - Yes! We run
>> Linux! Subject: Re: [ale] OT: password gripe
>>
>> keepass for iPhone gets pretty poor reviews... :(
>>
>> -- Until later, Geoffrey
>>

> Geoffrey,
>
> While were on the subject of pet peeves, Outlook does an immediate
> send if you press control-enter. I have to use Outlook for work so I
> can't use whatever I want. This means that on my laptop I can
> accidently send half finished or empty emails (like the two I have
> already sent on this thread). Most annoying is that I have not found
> a way to disable this function . . . yet. Although while typing this
> I just thought of a way I might be able to override Outlook by
> reassigning control-enter as a Windows global hot key that does
> nothing.
>
> Back to the subject at hand:
>
> I have not looked into the iPhone port as I don't have one. Everyone
> I know who has an iPhone likes them (except some don't like the
> on-screen keyboard). The people in New York are not very happy with
> their iPhones at the moment but that is a problem with AT&T and not
> the phone itself.
>
> I have noticed that the iPhone doesn't take getting dropped very well
> as evidenced by the number of times friends have had to replace them.
> My previous Blackberry took several years of serious drops.

I've dropped my iPhone a couple of times, but nothing major as of yet.
(knock on wood).  My previous phone was a treo 680 which did get dropped
a number of times because of a faulty holster as well.  It finally died
when the proper combination of attempting to put on a seat belt in my
truck and closing the door caused the phone to be dislodged from my belt
and had it fall perfectly timed with the closing of the door.  Phone
still worked, but the screen was cracked and therefore, of little
functional use.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."