[ale] wireless sanity/security check

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:13:39 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 14:59, Jeff Lightner <jlightner at water.com> wrote:
> I don't get your correction.  The "they" mentioned is the hacks.

Correct.

> I wasn't suggesting either WPA with AES or WPA2 was hackable

Actually you did, sort of.  In the same context that you referenced
the story URL, you said, and I quote: "It suggests that WPA with AES
and WPA2 aren't quite so easy to hack."

The article you referenced, which speaks to the WPA and WEP hacks,
says: "They do not work on newer WPA 2 devices or on WPA systems that
use the stronger Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) algorithm."

I see a distinct difference between:
    "WPA with AES and WPA2 aren't quite so easy to hack"
and
   "They [the hacks] do not work on WPA systems that use [AES]"

The latter being definitive, and the prior being suggestive.

-Jim P.