[ale] geezer notice with meeting idea

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu Apr 29 13:08:25 EDT 2010

That reminds of a few years back.   One of my coworkers volunteered at
some place that was assisting eastern European refugees.   At that time
we were running Windows 95 on our workstations.

He mentioned they were training those refugees on computers but had
something like old PC-XTs running DOS with WordPerfect.   The company we
worked for us got wind of this and donated some more modern PCs.

What was funny was another co-worker imagining the hiring manager
interviewing one of the people trained on the old stuff on his resume:

"We don't often have applicants with THIS skill set..."