[ale] (OT) Scared my teen today...

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Wed Apr 21 21:35:18 EDT 2010

A chuckle for those so inclined...

Some years ago I left an old computer at an employer's office during a
move out-of-state.  We're back in our family home again and I've been
wondering if that old machine was still there.  A little digging
revealed it was!  So yesterday I went to get it and off I go with my
long lost computer.

Today my 2 and 4-year old and I were playing outside and I asked them if
they'd like to play a computer game.  That suggestion was met with an
enthusiastic "YEAH!"...thus I went to the car and broke-out my trusty
Commodore 64 w/color monitor and 5¼" floppy drive!  They looked at it
with a weird look and asked what it was.  "A computer" I exclaimed!  So
we set-out to get it set-up in the drive way and what do ya know...it
still ran!

So, I hacked a BASIC program that asks a number from 1-10 for the boys
to play.  That's when it got really funny...my 16-year old got home from
school, walked-up and asked what I was doing.  The look on his face was
priceless when I told him!  I explained to him..."back in my day when
you wanted to play games you had to write them first!"  (hehehe)

Now I'm wondering (tongue in cheek)...is there a linux distro for the
64?