[ale] copiers: one more thing to be paranoid about

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 13:04:20 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 08:13, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> I'm curious about this.  Must be a pretty large drive.  Think about it.
> Just last night, someone copied a document for me that I know is at
> least 200 pages. Further, why would it be necessary to retain all such
> copies?  Certainly it must purge older documents to make room for newer
> ones?

I would think the drive would be just for /tmp stuff.   Sure there is
probably some leftover cruft in it, but i doubt that everything ever
copied is retained.   A media outlet doing a sensational story on
something we've never heard of before... what are the chances it would
happen on a Monday?

-Jim P.