[ale] More reasons to adore Microsoft

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu Apr 15 09:59:23 EDT 2010

You're assuming China has labor laws that would prevent the abuses
alleged.

Also while I'm not a M$ fan by any means I didn't read past the part
that described pictures of sleeping children being smuggled out.   The
photo shown is quite innocuous - it shows what I was used to as a kid in
school in younger grades - taking a nap at my desk with my head on my
arms.   For all we know this is required by China's laws or is simply
cultural.

This thing starts out with verbiage indicating it is simply a manifesto
for organizing unions in China.

Decrying the ethics of using child labor makes sense but this piece
turned me off within a couple of paragraphs.