[ale] thank all of you from the March ale meeting

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 16:49:10 EDT 2010

First, I'd like to thank all of you who came to the March ale meeting for
allowing me to pontificate on my enthusiasm for Literate Programming.  I'd
also like to repeat the invitation I made during that meeting for people to
help work on the Literate Programming Tools project.  You can browse the
code (and get access to the slides of my presentation) at

http://code.google.com/p/literate-programming-tools/source/browse/#svn/trunk/litprog

If you're interested in being added to the project just pop me an email.
It'd be nice to have programmers (in any language), technical writers, and
stylesheet developers.  At the moment I'm the only team member :-)

But what primarily prompted me to send this note is that in response to my
lament that I'd like to be working in a more modern xml editor someone from
the meeting suggested Bluefish.  I'd been using emacs with in psgml mode up
until the point I downloaded Bluefish.  As much as I appreciate the power
and contributions of emacs,  I needed something that would allow me to
concentrate on the document rather than the editor.  Bluefish fit the bill
very nicely, and I'd like to express thanks to whoever suggested it.

Larry