[ale] A complete platform

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 08:24:48 EDT 2009

Zimbra. The community edition has everything but the cell phone
capability. The cell mail capability is in the standard and pro
version as is an extra cost. Their prices are IMHO pretty reasonable
for the capabilities. Also considering that those fees support the
continued development of all version, for fee and community.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Mike Harrison <meuon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

> I'm on a quest for a couple of small entities,
> my own company and my wifes (a small law firm)
> and trying to figure out the best complete package of:
>
> Calendar, To List, Mail Client,
> Contact list.. etc..
>
> That works well with a cell phone (pick any phone)
> that can be synced to the server/desktop.
>
> We're even willing to pay money for software,
> and buy new cell phones to match..
>
> But it needs to run on Linux, and it needs to be something
> we can host ourselves. (No client data hosted elsewhere).
> We have servers and bandwidth to spare.
>
> Anyone found a system that works without too much duct-tape?
>
> I've been ignoring the minor issues until the pain level
> reached critical mass to make a complete overhaul
> of eveything worth the pain.
>
> Can Sugar be made to do this?

James P. Kinney III