[ale] idiocy rant.

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Wed Sep 23 11:30:55 EDT 2009

Perhaps I'm a hopeless geek, but I'd think that an important function
for governmental agencies charged with public order would be for them to
publish an accurate and up-to-date map of road closures.   In a form
that the average individual could actually use to figure out how in the
heck to get anywhere.

The DOT telling me that SR 70 North at MM 33.42  in Fulton is: Other:
SLOW MOVING WATER until tomorrow tells me precisely......nothing.

Nobody in our state government can understand that what people need is a
Google map with pins at all the spots where you can't drive a car no
mo'?     And a Garmin GPX file with the same?      It ain't that hard if
you geo-code the closings.   If I actually had a need to leave the
office now I'd be almost annoyed enough to do it myself.