[ale] For any one looking for a job

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Tue Sep 22 17:30:23 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 17:18 -0400, Robbie Honerkamp wrote:
> In my experience, any halfway decent recruiter will tell you who the
> client is once you express interest in the position. You can then tell
> them not to submit your resume to the company if you're not interested
> for whatever reason. Any recruiter who refuses to tell you the company
> they're submitting you to is a recruiter you should stop working with.
> Their reasons for not telling you their client name initially (so that
> you don't run off and apply directly to them) are much weaker than
> your
> need to know the name of the company before you're submitted (perhaps
> you've already applied for the position?).

Generally, when someone approaches me with a position, and I am
interested in it, I tell them exactly this:  "I'm interested, but before
we go any further, I need to know who it is I would be working for."

Only once have I ever gotten the name of who it would be I was working
for.  Unfortunately, they wanted someone else who had a college degree
(though, as I understand it, that person had no practical experience and
didn't work out.  Oh, well, such is life...).

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo