[ale] For any one looking for a job

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Tue Sep 22 16:44:36 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 16:27 -0400, Chuck Payne wrote:
> My Atlanta-based client is seeking a Linux Administrator for
> a permanent opportunity in their Buckhead location.

Slightly off-topic, but *why* do they do that?  It seems highly odd to
me to even consider a position without knowing who it's for.  I don't
know about everyone else, but there are many _types_ of businesses that
I wouldn't ever work for, and some businesses in particular.

Any time I see something like that, I substitute it with something like
"Microsoft is seeking" or "Our Holy Father is seeking" and send it back
to the recruiter, saying, "Sorry, but I'm not interested."  (Generally,
after asking who the position is for and being told, "Oh, we can't tell
you that."  Of course, why they can't tell someone that is never a
question that gets answered.  It Just Is.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo