[ale] Epic 'wish I had chosen Debian' fail

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Sep 7 11:37:06 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 22:52 -0400, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> I never did learn how to add a source repo to yum, but I did work
> around it. The following works for downloading a source package:

> p=postfix; # Change this to your packagename.
> curl -O $(yumdownloader --urls $p |sed
> '$!d;s?/os/.*/?/os/SRPMS/?;s/[^.]*\.rpm$/src.rpm/')
>
> .!# RichardBronosky #!.

How about "yumdownloader --source foo"

It's in yum-utils.  I use it all the time to snatch rawhide source rpm's
(like the gnupg and gnupg2 packages just recently) to backport into
earlier distros:

yumdownloader --enablerepo=rawhide --source gnupg gnupg2

Done.  Install the rpms and rebuild them.

	Mike