[ale] Recommendation for RHEL-specific Book

scott mcbrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 08:27:10 EDT 2009

I agree with Jim, http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/ is
excellent.  If you wanted a printed copy, you could upload the pdf to
somewhere like lulu.com and have them print it out.
Another decent book is The Linux System Administration Handbook, by Evi
Nemeth
http://www.amazon.com/Linux-Administration-Handbook-2nd-Nemeth/dp/0131480049/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251980718&sr=8-1

It's a bit dated, focuses mainly on Red Hat, but in some respects tries to
stay distro agnostic.  If you're already a really experienced Linux
sysadmin, probably not the right choice though, and I'd point you back to
the Red Hat docs.

-Scott