[ale] GIS Mapping Workshops in Georgia

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 21:45:22 EDT 2009

The ESRI promoter apologized. They did get a LOT of crap from ALE the
last time they did a promo on the list.

I made it very plain that when ESRI gets a clue and at least writes a
Linux reader for their data format, I will be VERY happy to announce
it here on ALE. My wife used ArcMap to do a  cool map as an undergrad
that we can only see a printed version of and can't make another copy
of (no pdf formatted output was made). Cool map showing the time
progression of meteor impact craters across the planet from 2 billions
years ago to recent history on a geologic scale.

James P. Kinney III