[ale] lost in the home directory

drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Tue Sep 1 16:21:48 EDT 2009

I need to copy to another machine my Mozilla bookmarks file.  And I can't
find it!

I had thought it would be in /home/.mozilla/firefox/i245ls3e.default  . . .
but the bookmark file there is only the initial one provided at startup, not
the much larger one that I use every day.

digging one level deeper there is a directory /bookmarkbackups that appears
to contain a daily backup over the past week.  But these are .json files and
I can not figure out how to convert them back into html that another browser
can import.

hints would be appreciated.

Sean