[ale] Failed drives on SuperMicro server backplane

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Fri Oct 23 14:59:54 EDT 2009

Like I wouldn't realize that.  :)

I *do* have spares - mobo, RAM, SATA and SAS cards, Ethernet cards,
power supplies, disk drives...and I even have a spare chassis up and
running minus the main system's two big drive arrays.  But they're in a
small server room with over 10kVA of systems in it and there is only one
HVAC system.  If it dies, the temp goes up to something on the order of
110F.