[ale] OT: dropped the land line and going naked DSL

briarpatch briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Thu May 28 09:01:41 EDT 2009

I can't plug into the NID unless I can also plug into the wall and
that would be difficult. As for dropping, my DSL modem has a blinking
DSL light when I can't connect. The modem can be pinged and responds
when this is going on. And no, it's not getting dropped on my desktop.
Everything worked fine for the last year and a half. Then I had my
phone line shut down and I started having this problem the next day. I
don't think that's a coincidence.