[ale] recommended webcam ?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 27 11:27:18 EDT 2009

Brian Pitts wrote:
> Preston Boyington wrote:
>> I've used Ekiga in the past and it worked pretty well for me (different
>> equipment than what i have now).  The only "problem" i have is that a
>> few of the people i communicate with are Windows only.
>>

> Why is that a problem? Ekiga uses the SIP and H.323 standards. Your
> Windows friends could use any software that supports those same
> standards, including Microsoft Netmeeting.

true.  i honestly believe it's because most are using Skype for other
friends & family and they don't want to try anything else.

i've suggested this to a couple people and i believe they will give it a
go.  should be interesting.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/