[ale] recommended webcam ?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue May 26 17:01:52 EDT 2009

Some clarification: So you have 6 people on a game night conference. 2
can use video and the other 4 only get audio? Or no one get video?

conference call for game night sounds fun. Being able to see "the
cards on the table" would make for some long-distance magic games (or
poker if I could play and not go home in just socks).

Use to play bridge and rook a long time ago. rook was 4th grade
(teacher thought we were nuts) and bridge was college (losers took a
drink).

OK. I've got to look up a video conference tool with multiple sources
I saw a while back. I think Eikiga can do it but my web cam on my
laptop is an unsupported piece of junk.

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Preston Boyington
<preston.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul Cartwright wrote:
>> On Tue May 26 2009, Courtney Thomas wrote:
>>> Also some sort of VOIP with video would be nice if the cost is minimal.
>>> I've never done this so don't know how to proceed yet.
>>>
>> I've used Skype with windows & debian.. we use it to see ( and hear) our grand
>> baby at my sons house in Newnan. We are in Athens, so we don't get there near
>> enough!
>> my wife has a bult-in web cam in her Dell Inspiron laptop.
>>

> Oh, if you decide to use Skype be aware that only 2 can use video.  if
> you have more than 2 people then only audio is available.
>
> i routinely have friends in Australia, Texas, Georgia, and Kentucky, all
> Skyping in for our weekly "game night".  call quality is very good and
> rarely do we have issues with lagging/clipping.
>
> --
>
> Arrant Drivel - really, it's just trash...
> http://www.arrantdrivel.com/
>
> Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
> http://www.prestonboyington.com/

James P. Kinney III