[ale] MythTV Installfest (was Re: [OT] DTV reception)

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:50:37 EDT 2009

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:27 AM,  <dhhoward at comcast.net> wrote:
> Count me in, I have a box I've been messing with for some time with equally
> poor results.  Any chance to base this one on Ubuntu?  Daniel

Hey MythTVers,

A quick update on the MythTV InstallFest.

Site:
Emory -- Is a strong possibility; however, it is rumored that the room
which traditionally hosts "InstallFests" is going to a wireless only
network. Given the potential to stream High Def content, a wired
network would be a better option.

Georgia Tech -- A strong possibility as well. GT could have big, fat,
wired pipes. The downside is parking -- especially on game day.

Freeside Atlanta -- Would like to host the event; but alas, don't have
a space ready -- yet.

The idea to co-host the event with DC404 was a not starter.

Date:
TBA (some time in the next 4 to 6 weeks)