[ale] suggestions wanted for old router

Tue May 12 10:49:02 EDT 2009

It's very sad to think of how many devices like wireless routers and
cellphones are out there with no usefull purpose, just because the
manufacturer refuses to open source them. Imagine how cool it would be
to retool old cellphones as bluetooth displays.

On 5/12/09, Preston Boyington <preston.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brian Pitts wrote:
>> Preston Boyington wrote:
>>> I've an old Linksys wireless B router that is currently just collecting
>>> dust on my shelf.  I've been thinking about loading Tomato or OpenWRT on
>>> it to play with (I'm ignorant about both).
>>
>> Is it listed here?
>>
>> http://oldwiki.openwrt.org/TableOfHardware.html
>>

> Unfortunately no.  It's a BEF11S4v4.  I'm not seeing it as being overly
> good for much.
>
> --
>
> Arrant Drivel - really, it's just trash...
> http://www.arrantdrivel.com/
>
> Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
> http://www.prestonboyington.com/

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.