[ale] MythTV questions

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:13:57 EDT 2009

I'm looking into setting up a MythTV box soon and have run across
several different versions (MythDora, KnoppMyth, etc.) that look fairly
simple to install.

That said, I believe I remember seeing someone mention an Arch linux
setup.  I have used Arch on a few things in the last couple months and
really liked the results.  Can anyone remember the thread?

One more thing, I've been reading up on getting a pcHDTV HD-5500 card
for my cable or possibly just for OTA channels (depending on reception).
 I have seen where the 5500 apparently has/had some issues with the
channels that the previous card did not.  Is this still the case?  Would
another off the shelf card be "better"?

Thanks all,
Preston

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/