[ale] [OT] SSN use, was: restricting web input

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed May 6 15:54:48 EDT 2009

That doesn't help if they're stealing it for criminal activity - you're still apt to get arrested for what they did.

Heck just last week they released a guy from jail.  He'd been arrested because he had the same first and last names of the perp and whoever had entered the warrant got the birth year wrong by about 20 years.  Nobody believed him when he said the warrant wasn't for him so he spent a fair amount of time in jail for no reason until it got straightened out.