[ale] [OT] SSN use, was: restricting web input

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed May 6 13:06:59 EDT 2009

> I have long held that the quickest solution to the [current] identity
> theft problem in the US would be to convert all vehicle license plates
> to be the owner's SSN. Your SSN is no longer the keys to your
> identity.

Laughing.. I LIKE it.

I spent a bit of the morning explaining identify theft and such
to my 70+ year old in-laws... The necessary concepts just don't translate
certain generational and lifestyle boundaries well.

Luckily, they are MAC users...
although they spend the week using my Ubuntu Linux system with very few
problems and shunned my wife's WinXP system.