[ale] generate streaming videos.

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Tue May 5 12:01:06 EDT 2009

> Just as it is possible to generate an image with programically with
> perl and image magick.  Does anyone know how to generate videos
> dynamically.  think of generating a graph and seeing how the graph
> changes over time. I'd prefer .mov file format generation.

Since any video is either a sequence of still frames or a sequence of formula
output, you can either render individual images and put them together, or you
can generate still images from a formula or series of formulas, such as a
Mandelbrot, and create a video from those.  There are plenty of tools out there
that will take a series of images and create a video from them.

You might also try creating an SVG and converting it.

FFMPEG is my favorite converter on both Windows and Linux.

Cheers,
Robert~