[ale] Today I put the keys back in order

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Fri Jul 31 10:29:59 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Chris
Kleeschulte<chris.kleeschulte at it.libertydistribution.com> wrote:
> I really respect your devotion to learning this process.

Except that if you go too far, you learn the editing keystrokes
for bash, rely on them, and then curse the world for giving you
lots of distros with internationalization settings that are incompatible
with basic editing keystrokes like alt-backspace to delete the word
to the left of the cursor!

Kidding ... with traces of bitterness.  ;)

Seriously, though---I also respect this self betterment effort.

(And if you like bash editing, you probably already know about
~/.inputrc and others, but if you don't, check out the readline
manpages.)

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>