[ale] Need an HP server ASAP

Iram Hernandez iramhernandez at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 09:35:02 EDT 2009

I hope you found one already.  Try Optimus Solutions - http://www.optimussolutions.com/ .  They've gotten me out of a similar situation with a bad raid controller on an HP Proliant.

--- On Wed, 7/29/09, James Taylor <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com> wrote:

From: James Taylor <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com>
Subject: [ale] Need an HP server ASAP
To: ale at ale.org
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 9:38 PM

I have an HP Proliant ML150 that failed a bios update, and I need to get the controller and drives in another server as soon as humanly possible.
The ML150 is a G3 series and has a PCI-E.  Most of the Proliants  from G3 up seem to support my controller, which is Smart Array E200 SAS RAID with 4 hot-swap drives.

Ideally, I would like to get my hands on a ML150 G3 or above (G4, G5, G6...), but any Proliant that has PCI-E and enough hot-swap slots.
I need this for production as soon as possible.  I have a steel fabrication app and the company's email down until this is resolved.  We determined the problem too late to get anything overnighted, so I have to find something locally.

And yes, it has to be an HP Proliant server. I don't want to risk the data on the drive array in the case of any formware incompatibilities.

Thanks,

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.