[ale] Today I put the keys back in order

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Jul 31 09:06:35 EDT 2009

Back in the dawn of time (a/k/a my high school years) I ended up with a
free period so chose typing just for the hell of it.  (Back then they
were actual typewriters.  The only keyboards for computers were on
keypunch machines and I didn't see one of those until college.)  I was
horrible at it and only did about 30 WPM by the end of the semester.

However, once I started working on PCs (actual IBM PCs mind you as well
as an Adam at home) the typing put me ahead of many others and these
days I type rather rapidly.  Amazing what 20+ years of practice does for
one.

What I've noticed though is more and more I do weird things like add "d"
to the end of words that end in "e" (as if they were all past tensed
er... tense) and also have a tendency to type the first word that fits
the sound such as "their" when I mean "there" or "to" when I mean "two".
What aggravates me is the grammar checkers will let that kind of stuff
through with no complaint but then try to force me to change sentences
with perfectly good syntax.