[ale] Fault Tolerant High Read Rate System Configuration

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:47:20 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Greg Clifton<gccfof5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the wiki link, will check. But, quite right, we need to maximize
> the bandwidth utilization of each link in the chain as it were, drives,
> controller, host slot, more than enough is of no use, who can drink from a
> fire hose?
>
> We're talking server grade stuff here, no 'home brew' mobos, this is a board
> of realtors office and they don't want no stinkin down time, in so far as
> possible/affordable.

Motherboard recommendations: Tyan and SuperMicro. I (and many others)
have excellent success with their system boards. Both offer multi-bus
capabilities that suit this as well as systems with ready for and OS
load that will meet this need. The wiki data plus card data and
motherboard specs will let you engineer a properly balanced solution.