[ale] Fault Tolerant High Read Rate System Configuration

Tue Jul 28 12:40:58 EDT 2009

You say database, client says small files. Which is it? If it will be
a database, what database will be used? I read "Fault Tolerant" to
include "Highly Available". In which case I would want a 2 node load
balanced system. I'll give more detail when you clarify.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Greg Clifton<gccfof5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am working on a quote for a board of realtors customer who has ~ 6000
> people hitting his database, presumably daily per the info I pasted below.
> He wants fast reads and maximum up time, perhaps mirrored systems. So I
> though I would pick you smart guys brains for any suggestions as to the most
> reliable/economical means of achieving his goals. He is thinking in terms of
> some sort of mirror of iSCSI SAN systems.
>
> Currently we are only using 50G of drive space, I do not see going above
> 500G for many years to come. What we need to do is to maximize IO
> throughput, primarily read access (95% read, 5% write). We have over 6,000
> people continually accessing 1,132,829 Million (as of today) small (<1M)
> files.
>
> Tkx,
> Greg Clifton
> Sr. Sales Engineer