[ale] Opera Reinvents the Internet?

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Sat Jul 25 11:48:35 EDT 2009

Geoffrey wrote:
> Atlanta Geek wrote:
>> Geez,
>> . Maybe someone could modify 'uptime' to estimate power usage.
>>
>> Of course this comes from the guy who drives a 12-year old V-8 F150 on
>> his daily 30-mile both ways commute.
>
> 10 year old Mazda pickup here.  4 cylinder though..

I used to live down in LaGrange (near Columbus) and drive to Norcross
and back to work. 180 mile round trip.  I put about 200,000 miles on my
1994 Ranger doing that, and averaged about 27mpg.

Now I work from home full time.  It's a LOT less stressful, and my
eco-footprint is probably about 1% of what it was back then.

-- JK