[ale] [OT] make dsl modem visible?

justin caratzas justin.caratzas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 11:30:22 EDT 2009

You can put the modem in router mode  on the WAN side, but you run into
frustrating NAT issues with two 'routers' linked in series.

Pardon my ignorance, but why would you want to see the modems interface?
The road most traveled (and apparently used in this situation as well) is to
place the modem in 'bridge' mode, making it a pass-through device
(over-simplification), and using the router for any admin functionality.

justin