[ale] Gnome applets

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 21:55:49 EDT 2009

On 07/23/2009 09:23 PM, Collin Pruitt wrote:

>> Message: 1
>> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:48:11 -0400
>> From: Scott Castaline<skotchman at gmail.com>
>> Subject: [ale] Gnome applets
>> To: ALE<ale at ale.org>
>>
>> Does anyone know how accurate the sensors-applet is? I have version
>> 2.2.1 on Fedora 11. I have a dual core processor and the applet displays
>> 4 icons with temps next to each one. I've been assuming that the total
>> of 2 equals the temp of one of the cores and all 4 is the total of the
>> chip. Starting today actually a few minutes ago during an update all
>> four icons were showing orange (>95 deg. F each icon). After reboot the
>> first 2 icons (counting left to right) would stay right around 95 and
>> the other 2 were around 93 each. I've never seen it do this before and
>> now while typing it seems to have gone more normal. Any concern on my
>> part need to be addressed?
>>

> You should be fine; the sensor applets are reading  directly from the tempreature sensors on the CPU. If it is incorrect, it is more than likely a problem with the sensors themselves.
>
> --
> ~Collin Pruitt - Hellow~
> "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton
> Website:http://hellow.unixpod.com
> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Collin15  |http://launchpad.net/~hellow
> Ubuntu Member | Ubuntu Georgia LoCo Member | UF Beginners Team Member

Am I correct that for my double core I add the left 2 readings for core
0 temp and the next two for core 1? (the preference settings indicate 2
for core 0 and 2 more for core 1) As far as accuracy, this version seems
more accurate in that the one in F 10 was reading a total of 80F for
core 0 and a total of 75F for core 1. This one normally reads total for
0 of 120F and total for 1 of 130F. My concern was I noticed all 4 icons
went from blue to orange with readings of each between 95F - 102F giving
a grand total of 400F for all 4 readings. I hadn't noticed it running
that hot except when my wifey decided that the AC was too low and raised
it to 80F.