[ale] OT - LOST was: Not so evil empire

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:17:44 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:36 AM, JK <jknapka at kneuro.net> wrote:

> For those of you that have watched further: does "Lost" get
> better (by which I mean: does the overall storyline become more coherent,
> do we actually
> get to figure out WTF is going on to any significant degree, does it seem
> like the writers
> have any plan besides "Keep the audience on the hook and the advertising
> dollars rolling
> in") in later seasons?

I didn't want to say anything originally, but since you asked: In short: no.
I really think the show has gone progressively down hill. It's still cliff
hanger, after commercial, after cliff hanger, after commercial, after cliff
hanger, bam new season. Lately, it has been kind of letting you know what
has been going on, but I don't think it's that interesting and they've
definitely made it more sci-fi. I think they've taken the sci-fi bit a
little too far, but I don't want to ruin anything. It definitely feels like
they have been making stuff up as they go and now they're trying to bring
everything together and it's all very unbelievable. The writing lately, IMO,
has been awful, mainly the character dialogue.

I don't know why, but I keep watching, because I really want it to be a good
show. I've already sat through season 2, which is a huge bore, so I might as
well make it all the way to the end. I used to recommend the show to people,
but I don't know if I can do that anymore. Season 1 is my favorite, so you
might not want to ruin the series for yourself and continue on to the later
seasons. If you do, don't expect them to be anything like season 1. Oh ya,
and the flashbacks about people doesn't stop, and that was always my least
favorite part of the series; they're on a freaking cool island!

-Steve Brown