[ale] OT: I mean way OT like DocX OT

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:03:20 EDT 2009

Had my first encounter with M$ DocX file. My son got the latest and
greatest(?), (Ok the not so great, okay okay,the latest and worstest)
M$Office. He sent us a document that he had created in it. My wife was
unable to open it on her State office issued laptop that has M$ WinXP
w/M$Office 2003. She kept getting garbage. My OpenOffice.org3.1.0 opened
it but the text was in several different fonts and there were several
blank pages inserted. I fixed the fonts and then deleted the blank and
all is well now. Told him to resave the doc in an older format, before
sending it to anyone else.