[ale] C++ Compiler Suggestions!

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 21:24:47 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,
Now that I've done all the responsible things a man should do, I'm toying
with my original dream, which is video game development. I'm proudly
sporting Linux as my development platform, but I know I'll need to dual-boot
it to program Windows games.  I'm starting out with reading a "Beginning C++
Game Programming" book and posting the status of my ups and downs on my blog
(http://www.fergytech.com).

My real question is, what is a good C++ compiler/editor/etc on the Linux
platform. I downloaded "Eclipse" the other day, but I haven't gotten into it
yet.  Thanks for the suggestions.

On a side note, I have the opportunity to work on an open-source project to
enhance my game programming skills. So; I'm very excited on getting my hands
dirty with the Star Wars Galaxies Emulator project (http://www.swgemu.com).

--
Marc F.

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"