[ale] Ubuntu configuration issues

Sean kilpatms at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 10 13:13:48 EDT 2009

Preston, thanks for the tip. On my connection that is going to take a little less
than 2 hours to download. :(  It is an .img file.
It would help to know what it will do.  Will it do a complete reinstall
(including formatting) -- which means I need to backup /home before starting, or
will it only overwrite the system files?

I wonder how closely the netbook remix resembles Xubuntu with XFCE? I ask because
I have a DVD with the 9.04 version of that remix in house.
At this point I am willing to try anything to get audio (and Skype) running
properly.  One of the links on the Ubuntu page led to "known issues" (bugs) and
the listed workaround for the problem was to uninstall pulseaudio.  While waiting
for the download to complete on my main box I will try that on the netbook and
see what happens.  Will report back later after the download completes.

Sean