[ale] LDAP Contract

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:34:47 EDT 2009

Hey guys.

I have a group here internally at Turner/CNN that is setting up LDAP
authentication from the ground up for a new environment we're bringing
in-house.  They need someone for a few weeks to:

a) setup the servers
b) help do an initial import of users (potentially.  The skillset should be
there)
c) train the engineers on how to manage the store.

What has already happened:

I helped them specify the systems (although I'm too slammed to do the work
in setting them up)

They have three, 1 master with 2 replicants.
Assume all admin at master
Assume replicants with bonded NICs, running LinuxHA between them, NICs
spread across switches.
OpenLDAP over CentOS 5.2 (maybe RH ES 5.2)
Total setup time of a couple weeks max, including training time for a
handful of somewhat experienced admins.
(I say somewhat because these guys are engineers in the classical sense
whereas we are systems engineers.  Two different animals, but the same
project, different environment)

Anything with an "Assume" at the front above can be negotiable, but it would
help for it to look somewhat like what we already have in-place.

Specify your rate, reply to me privately.  I will send candidates on to the
group pulling this project together.  Project will go quickly, most likely
will be some long hours.  You need to be a good communicator and very
patient at times. (again the Engineer thing)

---
Jerald M. Sheets jr.