[ale] HTPC Max Resolution

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 3 16:18:56 EDT 2009

<snip>
> X.Org X Server 1.6.0
> Release Date: 2009-2-25
> X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
> Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.24-23-server i686 Ubuntu
> Current Operating System: Linux chanouha-htpc 2.6.28-13-generic
> #45-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 30 19:49:51 UTC 2009 i686
> Build Date: 09 April 2009  02:10:02AM
> xorg-server 2:1.6.0-0ubuntu14 (buildd at rothera.buildd)
>
> thanks
>
> -O

<snip>

Seems like you're using the newer feature of having X try to figure out
resolutions etc on the fly.  You don't seem to have a proper/complete
xorg.conf file.  I suggest that you fill in the blanks for things like
resolutions, default color depths etc for your monitor.  The are several
tools available to build an x configuration.  Just can't recall of the
top of my head.  Google would come in handy here.