[ale] Fedora 11 quirks

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 05:24:36 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Richard Bronosky <Richard at bronosky.com>wrote:

> I would suggest creating new profiles for each and testing the quirks
> that way. Then you can pull over only the sqlite3 files for the things
> you need. (Passwords, form autofill, bookmarks, etc.) I had a found a
> good tutorial, but I'm writing this from my phone. Actually I would
> probaby use Mozilla's new Weave service. It is pretty sweet.
>
> On 7/1/09, Scott Castaline <skotchman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone installed Fedora 11 yet? If you have , have you experienced any
> > quirks in Firefox 3.5b4 and Thunderbird 3.0b2? In FF my password manager
> > isn't working and in T'bird my filters will only work manually. I'm
> > using my original profile folders from my F 10 install. Everything else
> > in those apps are working fine with the exception of the address book(s)
> > from older version.

> Sent from my mobile device
>
> .!# RichardBronosky #!.

Hi Scott,

I'm not having any quirks with Firefox 3.5b, but I am having quirks with
Fedora 11. I can't get kmod-nvidia to work properly. When xserver starts it
loses the connection to my monitor. I've submitted a bugreport, but that,
ironically, lead no where. Just the bug trackers telling me I did it wrong.
How did I do it wrong, I installed kmod-nvidia, rebooted the machine and
nothing worked.

I can't get VirtualBox compiled. I haven't looked at the error log yet (been
so tired and distracted with the kids). Also; my screen goes blank on me,
from time to time (randomly).

--
Marc F.

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"