[ale] stupid pricing games

Wed Jul 1 11:15:51 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Robert L.
Harris<robert.l.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>   My apple airport extreme, little white box, went offline.  I called
> apple and they informed me the
> support on the device was 80+ days gone.  The next line spoken was from
> the tech on the other side:
> "Do you have another apple product?"  I told them I had a macbook pro
> here.  They checked the serial
> and it was still in support.  They listed my call and the airport under
> the macbook.  While diagnosing I
> accidently hung up on the tech.  He called me back before I could hit
> the redial button.  We spent two
> hours figuring out the firmware had lost it's config (first time I've
> seen this) and resetting it.
>
>   When you,  your wife, child, boss needs something fixed NOW!,  which
> response do you want?
>
> Robert

This is precisely why I'm recommending Apple Care. It is great. It is
optional, and as such, they treat you as elite for having purchased
it. Also, I am seeing more cases of plain old bad revisions of
hardware ever since Apple went with Intel. This combination to me
suggests that it is crazy not to purchase Apple Care.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.